January is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month.
Get information on cervical cancer, including the causes and risk factors. Learn about the tests that can help detect it early and possibly even help prevent it from developing. Click on the topics below to get started.
- What is cervical cancer?
- What are the risk factors for cervical cancer?
- Signs and symptoms of cervical cancer
- Can cervical cancer be prevented?
- Finding cervical pre-cancers
- Other tests for women with abnormal cervical cytology results
- Work-up of abnormal Pap test results
- How women with abnormal Pap test results are treated to prevent cervical cancers from developing
- Cervical cancer prevention and screening: Financial issues
- Additional resources