BUILD AN EMERGENCY SUPPLY KIT
- Buy or build a kit for your family
- Be prepared to improvise and use what you have on hand
- Include enough to get by for 3 or more days
- Consider having more than one kit and keeping them in different locations
- You will need water, at least one gallon per person per day
- No perishable foods (protein bars, dried fruit and canned food)
- Filter masks, gloves
- Duct tape, garbage bags and plastic sheeting
- Cash-small bills
- A first aid kit
- Your daily medications
Making a kit can be done very reasonably and on a budget. Your kit needs to be easily accessible to grab in a minute’s notice.
If you need help, go to ready.gov/prepare.