MAKE A PLAN
Plan in advance what you and your family will do in an emergency.
Develop a Family Communication Plan
- Consider how you and your family will contact each other in an emergency and if there is no cell service and you are not together
- Consider a plan where each family member calls, text messages or e-mails the same friend or relative and possibly someone out of state
- Create a plan to shelter in place and how this will be done if there is a contaminate or debris in the air
- Create a plan on how you will evacuate with more than one route with one or two places where you can assemble after evacuation
- Use and be aware of alternate forms of transportation and alternate routes
- Know what your children’s schools and your employers emergency plans are and where they can be found
Not only develop these plans but then talk about them, practice them and get your kids involved.
If you need help, go to ready.gov/prepare for more information.